FitHouse - Barre
FitHouse’s Barre class is a traditional barre class using assorted equipment, like light hand weights and bands. You’ll move through various low impact moves on your mat as well as on the barre.
Fitness clothes + barefoot or socks.
Format is instructor-dependent, but generally: (i) 5 min dynamic warm up, (ii) 10 min plank/core section, (iii) 10 min lightweight arm/squat exercises, (iv) 10 min barre section, (iv) 7 min core section, (v) stretch.
Equipment used: bands, light weights, mats, the barre.
Good class for beginners.
My muscles weren’t exhausted like they are at some other barre spots.
Sweat Level: 💧💧
First Timers: $29 buy one class get one free (i.e. $14.5 per class).
Returners: $29 per class.
Packages and memberships are available to lower the "per class" price.
Great branding and vibe.
Welcoming & encouraging instructors.
FitHouse is a studio with various locations that have all types of classes. They’re trying to mix the consistency and membership of a traditional gym, like Equinox, with boutique studios. FitHouse recently scooped up Bari Studio, for instance. You’ll see a good mix of classes on the schedule.
At the Tribeca location, showers and lockers rooms.
Lockers w/ automatic locks at both locations.
Make sure to get to class on time to get a mat spot in front of the mirror. Some spots are past the mirror and you won’t be able to see your form.
FitHouse's Class Offerings
- Bounce: 50 min class bouncing on the trampoline.
- Dance: 50 min dance cardio.
- HIIT: 50 min cardio-focused HIIT class.
- Barre: 50 mins of floor and mat work.
- Sculpt: 50 mins of full body toning work.
- Yoga Sculpt: 45 mins yoga using weights and cardio (heated available).
- Yoga Flow: 60 mins standard yoga (heated available).
- Yoga Restore: 60 mins standard yoga (heated available).