MaZi Dance Fitness - Zi Cardio
Zi-Cardio is a 50 min cardio dance fitness class where you follow along to pre-choreographed dances to crank your heart rate up. Class ends with an arm focused workout for extra toning.
Fitness clothes + sneakers.
Each song played has a pre-choreographed dance associated with it that you will follow along to (every teacher will perform the same dance for a particular song – so there is consistency amongst teachers and classes)
Class ends with a 5-7 min arm workout without weights (think standing arm pulses, circles, etc).
If you’re new to the class, it’s difficult to pick up the choreography on the spot - because there’s a steep learning curve, it’s hard to get a solid workout IMO your first time here.
Your heart rate will jump up, as you are still moving around....maybe just not with the exact choreography LOL.
Returners are leaving class really sweaty though-so there’s hope!
Sweat Level: 💧💧💧
First Timers: $30 for a week long of unlimited classes.
Returners: $23 per class.
Simple, boutique dance studio. Not much frill, not fancy. The studio is really one big room in an old Chicago building.
Only one bathroom, no showers or locker rooms.
The music is on point, and the owners are sisters with rocking dance bods who teach a lot of the classes.
Generally, classes never fill up. Drop in or shall I say, "dance in".
Important note, the doors open up 15 min before class and are locked once class starts – so don’t be late!
MaZi's Class Offerings
- Zi Cardio: Pre-choreographed dances for 50 mins. No dance experience needed.
- B-Girl Hip Hop: Pre-choreographed hip-hop dances with sculpting work included.
- MaZi Cardio: Combines Zi Cardio and B-Girl Hip Hop.
- Ballerina Bum Bootcamp: Toning class based on ballet technique using the ballet barre, including floor work on a mat and cardio bursts.
- Ballerina Fightclub: HIIT class that includes a combo of cardio and strength, using boxing moves and ballet techniques.
- Ballerina Bum Body: Full-body strength conditioning class with extra stretching included.
- Ballerina Bum Barre: Full-body strength work targeting back/glutes and feet/ankles.