NEO U - In Time
NEO U’s In Time class is a bodyweight-only class comprising of heart-pumping cardio drills sprinkled with conditioning moves that will exhaust your muscles.
Fitness clothes + sneakers (or no sneakers).
No equipment, only bodyweight
Instructor dependent, but a mix of circuits and drills.
Most recent class: (i) 5 min warmup, (ii) circuit one- 30 secs on, 15 secs off three times for three exercises (think jump lunges, skaters, plank jacks), (iii) circuit two- 45 secs on exercise one, 30 secs of exercise two, 15 secs of exercise three, three times through (think squat thrusts, squat jumps, high knees), (iv) tabata - 20 secs on, 10 sec off four times through for two exercises (think jacks/tuck jump and bicycle crunches), (v) circuit three- one min of four exercises done twice (think lunges, push ups), (vi) EMOM (every min on the min) - we did 10 squat jacks, 8 burpees, and 6 sit ups five times through (i.e. 5 mins)
Cardio heavy. You’ll sweat and breathe heavy.
High impact, but the instructor provides low impact options.
In Time was a smaller class in a small-ish studio, soooo nowhere to hide :)
Sweat Level: 💧💧💧💧
First Timers: $35 buy one class get one free.
Returners: $35 per class.
Packages and memberships are available to lower the "per class" price.
NEO U also is a streaming platform for their workouts (a la Peloton, P.volve, etc.) Free during beta period.
Very spacious space. There’s about three studios, large locker rooms, a cafe, and lots of hang out space.
Super clean and very instagrammable :)
Welcoming front desk and instructors.
NEO U definitely created the space so that you can have an entire experience there.
For taped/streaming classes, they require you to be in the studio no less than 7 mins prior to class starting.
Beautiful locker rooms w/ showers and lots of lockers w/ automatic locks.
For taped/streaming classes, instructor won’t be able to be hands-on for form issues bc they have to stay on their mark.
It seems like their main focus is the streaming platform and making the streaming user have the best experience versus the NYC studio participant.
Yes, for sure.
NEO U's Class Offerings
- Bootcamp/HIIT: (i) In Time, (ii) Shred, (iii) GO, (iv) Rippedism.
- Yoga + Meditation: (i) Align & Flow, (ii) Om The Journey, (iii) Kat Fowler, (iv) Jai Sugrim Method, (v) Warrior Flow.
- Boxing + Kickboxing: (i) Strike, (ii) TKO The Journey, (iii) E3: Boxing, (iv) Push.
- Dance: (i) Vixen Workout, (ii) Jane DO.
- Core: (i) GO, (ii) Plyometrics + Abs With Nicole Mejia, (iii) In Time (abs focus).
- Strength: (i) Butt + Legs w/ Nicole Mejia, (ii) GO, (iii) Plyometrics + Abs With Nicole Mejia, (iv) In Time, (v) The Fit Fourth.
- Recovery + Mobility: (i) Base, (ii) Jai Sugrim Method, (iii) Peaches & Scream- 45 min dance class focused on butt and abs.
- Pilates + Barre: Coming soon.
- Endurance: Coming soon.